Posted to dev@systemds.apache.org by arnab phani <ph...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/22 18:38:34 UTC

[VOTE] Apache SystemDS 2.1.0 (RC3)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache SystemDS version
2.1.0

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache SystemDS 2.1.0

To learn more about Apache SystemDS, please see
http://systemds.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is  v2.1.0-rc3
(ba9276fa1ee366e6acfe0df814253921549a97be):
https://github.com/apache/systemds/tree/2.1.0-rc3

The release artifacts can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/systemds/2.0.0-rc3/

The maven release artifacts, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesystemds-1050/org/apache/systemds/systemds/2.1.0/

===========================
== Apache Release policy ==
===========================
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html

=======================================
== How can I help test this release? ==
=======================================
If you are a SystemDS user, you can help us test this release by taking an
existing Algorithm or workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions.

== What justifies a -1 vote for this release? ==
-1 votes should only occur for significant stop-ship bugs or legal related
issues (e.g. wrong license, missing header files, etc). Minor bugs or
regressions should not block this release.

Regards,
Arnab..

Re: [VOTE] Apache SystemDS 2.1.0 (RC3)

Posted by Matthias Boehm <mb...@gmail.com>.
well, this voting thread is not the place to discuss these things, but
if no -exec argument is specified the default is hybrid. Period. The
fact that the systemds "util" script forces it into singlenode if it's
about to run via plain java is fine, but does not change the overall
positioning of SystemDS.

Similarly, for backwards compatibility I would strongly recommend to
keep algorithms, datagen, etc folders as they are until they are
properly deprecated and subsequently removed.

Regards,
Matthias

Posted by Matthias Boehm <mb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by arnab phani <ph...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Matthias Boehm <mb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by arnab phani <ph...@gmail.com>.
One correction.

Posted by arnab phani <ph...@gmail.com>.
This concludes the RC voting process. I will soon publish the artifacts to
apache release and Maven repositories and the python package to PyPI.
Thank you all for voting and fixing the bugs.
A special shout-out to Janardhan for automating the release scripts.

Just a reminder -- please send me the release notes if you haven't already.

Regards,
Arnab

Posted by Mark Dokter <md...@know-center.at>.
+1 LGTM