Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by bruce bookman <br...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/14 18:57:21 UTC

Writing contributions

I'd like to see if I can help with these tasks.  I've been
unofficially writing technical documentation for 20 years.  My latest is
here
<https://github.com/bbookman/Google-Speech-To-Text-Word-Error-Rate-Reporter>

   1. *Write Documentation.* This includes user guides, install guides and
   developer documentation. Documentation is found in the documentation area
   of the OpenOffice wiki. To participate through the OpenOffice
   Documentation Wiki <https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation>,
   register for an Apache OpenOffice Community Wiki
   <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation> account. Skills
   needed: familiarity with, or willing to learn Media Wiki
   <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki>. Skills gained: more wiki
   experience, group collaboration.
   2. Update the OpenOffice Administration Guide
   <https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Administration_Guide>.

--
Bruce Bookman

Re: Writing contributions

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Welcome to OpenOffice,

To get started is simple. Request a user for the wiki, giving us a prefer username on this mailinglist and you can start of as soon it has been set up for you.
You can try to ping people on the documentary list for teaming up but I am unsure if there is active people there.

Imho if you do smaller changes just change. (wording or simple text refactoring of a page.)

If you start changing the structure please give us a note on your intent for checking if there are some dependencies like web links or any other stuff.

Hope that helps. If you have questions feel free to ask.

All the best
Peter