Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Derek Williams <dw...@burtongroup.com> on 2007/04/19 23:47:30 UTC

asynchronous http logging

Reposting - I apologize for the previous HTML post.  Hit send too early.  Anyway...

We are looking at log4net as a new logging app but are really interested in something that will allow us to handle all logging asynchronously.  Basically, we want the HTTP request to complete without waiting for the logger to finish.  I was reading in the documentation about logging in multi-threaded apps and also saw a newsgroup post regarding the AsyncForwardAppender, but did not find anything touching multithreaded logging in a single thread http environment.  Does log4net support the functionality we're looking for?  If not, is that a feature that is on the development roadmap at all?  Please let me know if I totally missed something obvious in the documentation.  I appreciate any help you can provide.

Derek