Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2006/07/02 19:24:42 UTC

Re: WS-CallBack project

There's an effort in the Axis2 project to implement WS-Eventing .. which
is the winner of the mud wrestling standards battle in this space.
There's also an implementation of WS-Notification (pubscribe).

Sanjiva.

Re: WS-CallBack project

Posted by Doug Davis <du...@us.ibm.com>.
I would also take a look at the polling feature recently added to WS-RM (
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ws-rx ) that gives you a call-back
mechanism that can work with or w/o a mailbox (and w/ and w/o the
traditional replay until acked part of RM).
-Doug

Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
07/02/2006 01:35 PM
Please respond to
general@ws.apache.org

general@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: WS-CallBack project

hi,

WS-Eventing does not support pull delivery (so you gets no events if you
are not accessible through WSA based routing) but from our own
experience you do not need a standard just an ability to create
EPR-addressable "mail box" that can be used as an event sink when
subscribing with an event source.

then subscribers/clients (such as applets or anything that has
unaccessible IP address) will contact message box service and take
messages from their message box.

for example see http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/xgws/msgbox

HTH,

alek