Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/21 23:08:34 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release VelocityTools 1.3-beta1

And the final tally is...

PMC +1's
 - Nathan Bubna
 - Will Glass-Husain
 - Marino A Jonsson
 - Henning Schmiedehausen

Committer +1's
 - Claude Brisson

Feedback
 - Claude wants the logging issue better documented
 - Henning wants BC tests for Struts 1.2 and maybe Struts 1.1

My plan
 - I'm away from my home desk, but i'll try to get the docs updated a
bit more before rolling a release in the next few days.  Depends on
the flakiness of the wifi here. :)

Once the beta is out, i plan to work on the remaining bugs scheduled
for 1.3 and updating the documentation with the new features and
changes.  Assuming there are no major issues found, i'd love to get an
RC out by January's end.  Help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Especially from any who think it's "about time" we get this version
out. ;-)  I'll admit, i'm largely excited to get this out so i can
start working on the "cool stuff" i want to do in 2.0.  But i also
want 1.3 to be of better quality than the previous versions since it
may take a while to get 2.0 in shape.  So, i'd really appreciate if
ya'll can try this out and perhaps help a bit too. :)

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release VelocityTools 1.3-beta1

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Nathan Bubna" <nb...@gmail.com> writes:

>Hmm.  I didn't notice the beta directory.  Yeah, i can move 1.3-beta1,
>but i don't approve of the distinction.  Alphas and betas are
>releases.  If we vote on it and announce it (as i will as soon as i
>can get my feet under myself after the holidays and update all the
>download links), then it is a release.

>So, before i move it over, let's get our nomenclature straight here
>and change the "release" folder to "stable" or "final" or something
>like that, so that it is clear that that is the place to put and find
>all final releases.

+1 here. Feel free to draft something up on the Wiki or steal outright
from another Apache project. ;-)

	Best regards
		Henning

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.