Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Panayotis Katsaloulis <pa...@panayotis.com> on 2010/05/10 09:42:53 UTC

Escaped unicode properties problem under Mac

Hello all!

I am struggling for some time to find a solution, on how to properly load unicode escaped properties with ant.
I have checked exactly the same files under  linux and work as expected, but I need this script to work under Mac.
To demonstrate this problem, I have created the minimum build.xml and properties file, so here it is:

build.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project basedir="." default="test" name="unicodetest">
	<property file="test.properties"/>
	<target name="test">
		<echo message="${aproperty}" file="out"/>
	</target>
</project>

test.properties:
aproperty=\u03AC

This will create a new file, named "out" with the greek ALPHA-TONOS  letter:  ά http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/03ac/index.htm

Unfortunately, under Mac it produces a "C0" character.

Any ideas?