Posted to user@storm.apache.org by praveen puskar <pu...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/21 10:13:03 UTC

Storm elasticsearch Integration Issue

Hi,

I am using transport client in Apache Storm trident to create a bulk update
request to elastic search. Then i came across "Storm ElasticSearch
integration", while trying out i spent much time resolving compilation
issue.

The official documentation says :

EsConfig esConfig = new EsConfig(clusterName, new String[]{"localhost:9300"});

But going through the git source code and history of EsConfig class. The *class
no more takes cluster-name as an argument*, and was removed in this commit
<https://github.com/apache/storm/commit/2b4565c668c16c366e086214d11f3ec2e1d4769c#diff-18885d882badc5341e2a79a40567f26b>
 and committed on Mar 13, 2017

Is there a different group where i should report this issue ?

--
Kind Regards
Praveen Puskar

Please save TREE. Save the Environment. Make a contribution in retarding
Global Warming.

Re: Storm elasticsearch Integration Issue

Posted by Yu Watanabe <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

From elasticsearch point of view , it makes sense not specifying the
cluster name when configuring the spout. You all need to know is the target
data node when sending bulk requests.

Looks like the official document , even in the latest snapshot, is not
updated.

http://storm.apache.org/releases/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/storm-elasticsearch.html

EsConfig params
ArgDescriptionType
clusterName Elasticsearch cluster name String (required)
nodes Elasticsearch nodes in a String array, each element should follow
{host}:{port} pattern String array (required)
additionalParameters Additional Elasticsearch Transport Client
configuration parameters Map (optional)
Client maintained by elastic might be a second choice for you.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/hadoop/current/storm.html#storm-cfg-spout

Thanks,
Yu

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 7:28 PM praveen puskar <pu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Forgot to provide link to the official documnetation :
> http://storm.apache.org/releases/1.1.2/storm-elasticsearch.html
>
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 12:13 PM praveen puskar <pu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using transport client in Apache Storm trident to create a bulk
>> update request to elastic search. Then i came across "Storm ElasticSearch
>> integration", while trying out i spent much time resolving compilation
>> issue.
>>
>> The official documentation says :
>>
>> EsConfig esConfig = new EsConfig(clusterName, new String[]{"localhost:9300"});
>>

>> But going through the git source code and history of EsConfig class. The *class
>> no more takes cluster-name as an argument*, and was removed in this
>> commit
>> <https://github.com/apache/storm/commit/2b4565c668c16c366e086214d11f3ec2e1d4769c#diff-18885d882badc5341e2a79a40567f26b>
>>  and committed on Mar 13, 2017
>>
>> Is there a different group where i should report this issue ?
>>
>> --
>> Kind Regards
>> Praveen Puskar
>>

>> Please save TREE. Save the Environment. Make a contribution in retarding
>> Global Warming.
>>
>>        Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.
>>

> --
> Regards
> Praveen Puskar
>

> Please save TREE. Save the Environment. Make a contribution in retarding
> Global Warming.
>
>        Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.

--
Yu Watanabe
渡辺 裕

LinkedIn : jp.linkedin.com/in/yuwatanabe1

Re: Storm elasticsearch Integration Issue

Posted by Yu Watanabe <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

From elasticsearch point of view , it makes sense not specifying the

Posted by praveen puskar <pu...@gmail.com>.