Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Jason Rizer <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/25 20:56:33 UTC

DTD Resolution Question

Hello,

First of all, I realize that this is slightly off
topic as it deals specifically with crimson and not
xerces, but I think it's really a JAXP question so I'm
going to post it here anyway :)  Besides, I couldn't
find a crimson list.

I'm using a third party tool which includes jaxp.jar
and crimson.jar (I think that this is the jaxp 1.01
bundle) to perform a sax parse.  Everything works find
when I supply it with XML input which doesn't specify
a DTD.  If the XML I provide DOES specify a dtd, the
parse fails.  I have the DTD in question, but I can't
figure out where to put it.  If I were coding against
the parser directly I'd set an entity resolver, but
I'm not.  Here is the relevent snippet of the third
party code:

SAXParserFactory factory =
SAXParserFactory.newInstance();
factory.setNamespaceAware(true);
factory.setValidating(true);
XMLReader myReader =
factory.newSAXParser().getXMLReader();
myReader.setContentHandler(this);
myReader.setErrorHandler(this);
myReader.parse(new InputSource(is));

Again, this is all code I can't modify.  Here is the
relevent snippet of the offending xml document:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE XMI SYSTEM "CWM_1.0.dtd" [
<!ELEMENT ixafs (ixaftv)+ >
<!ATTLIST ixafs
            n CDATA #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT ixaftv EMPTY >
<!ATTLIST ixaftv
            t CDATA #REQUIRED
            v CDATA #REQUIRED
>]>

So, if anyone can give me any clue to where I should
put CWM_1.0.dtd I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks
in advance.

-Jason