Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frank Habermann <lo...@lordlamer.de> on 2008/01/20 22:41:28 UTC

web.xml problems outside tomcat webapp folder

Hi,

i am using tomcat 6.0.14 on windows and create projects with eclipse.
For my own projects i do not use the webapps folder from the original package
of tomcat. I use a different location. But with this solution i have some
problems. Tomcat is not using all values from the web.xml. Perhaps jsp-config
is not used. If i put my project to the original webapps folder it works.
What is wrong here or can i do that this config values will work also in a
different location?

thanks
Frank Habermann

Re: web.xml problems outside tomcat webapp folder

Posted by Frank Habermann <lo...@lordlamer.de>.
Hi,

> Do you have any initialization errors in your logs? If not, can you
> create a reproducible test case (war)?

I have no errors in the log.
I will create a testcase with all relevant informations this evening and
will give feedback here.

Thanks,
Frank

Re: web.xml problems outside tomcat webapp folder

Posted by mg...@hotmail.com.
yes..can you also display you configuration for default Virtual Host appBase
attribute?
In other words %TOMCAT_HOME%\conf\server.xml you should see appBase that
looks like
<Host name="YourServerGoesHere" appBase="webapps"

M--

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.