Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Micael <ca...@harbornet.com> on 2003/04/05 23:12:05 UTC

[OT] Thanks: Re: Tomcat vs. JBoss

Thanks for these references.  Much appreciated.  The IBM stuff is really
helpful.

At 01:50 PM 4/5/03 -0500, you wrote:

> > Do you know any real-life scenarios where you can't do it with
> > Tomcat but need EJB seriously?
>
>     The short answer is yes.  But this is really getting off-topic for this
>list.  As I and several others have pointed out, servlet and JSP technology
>are just one aspect of J2EE.
>
>     If you need more information, I believe that I already responded to one
>questioner who wanted EJB info to take a look at my tutorial "Getting
>Started with EJB Technology", which is this week's feature at both
>developerWorks ( www.ibm.com/developerworks ) and the developerWorks
>Java zone ( www.ibm.com/developerworks/java ).  It includes a brief
>J2EE overview.
>
>     Sun also has a J2EE tutorial, and I saw on the J2EE mailing list that
>someone is offering a free online class.
>
>     These and the J2EE and EJB mailing list should help clarify your
>understanding of what J2EE is about and what servlet technology provides.
>

>                                                          Joe Sam
>
>Joe Sam Shirah -        http://www.conceptgo.com
>conceptGO         -        Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
>Java Filter Forum:       http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
>Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
>Going International?    http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
>Que Java400?             http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400

LEGAL NOTICE

you

Re: [OT] Thanks: Re: Tomcat vs. JBoss

Posted by Joe Sam Shirah <js...@attglobal.net>.
    Hi Micael,

> Thanks for these references.  Much appreciated.  The IBM stuff is really
> helpful.

    You're very welcome.  If you do find the tutorial useful, please send
feedback using the form in the "Wrapup and resources" section.  That helps
to provide justification for publishing more of this kind of material.
Also, if you have any questions about, or want to provide some answers to,
any Java area, please visit the Java filter forum at:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_forum.jsp?forum=177&cat=10

    You may have to paste the URL together due to my email program
limitations.

    Back to Tomcat issues.

                                                        Joe Sam