Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Phase Web and Multimedia <ma...@phase.ws> on 2002/03/02 18:24:46 UTC

RE: configure welcome page

I thought Tomcat 4.0 allowed for some filtering that could avoid this and
send a request straight to an Action.

Brandon Goodin

From: "Don Miller" <do...@gatx.com>
 ===
Your problem is due to a common misconception of how the welcome file list
works.  The welcome file list in the web.xml file defines the default
file(s) for all directories, including the root and all subdirectories.  It
does not specify the URL of a default page for the web application.  If you
request http://myserver/myapp/, the application looks for
http://myserver/myapp/index.jsp.  If you request
http://myserver/myapp/mydirectory/, the application looks for
http://myserver/myapp/mydirectory/index.jsp.

The only work-around for your situation is to perform a forward from
/index.jsp to /WEB-INF/JSP/index.jsp.

I hope this helps.

Don

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>