Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/14 11:07:25 UTC

Re: Renaming jcr base module?

Hi all,

Looking at what is in the jcr/base module right now, I think we do not
have to change the name.

The bundle has two dependencies on Jackrabbit and its API: One is the
node type loader which uses Jackrabbit API and the second is the
RepositoryAccessor which uses the jackrabbit-jcr-rmi library to access a
remote repository over RMI.

Looking at the jcr/api reveals, that this bundle actually exports the
Jackrabbit API, so it also has a dependency to Jackrabbit - and we never
discussed renaming that.

Of course, in Sling the jcr/base is only referred to by the
jackrabbit-server and jackrabbit-client bundles. But other integrators
of Sling may use the jcr/base module and extend it for their own JCR
implementation used.

Regards
Felix

Re: Renaming jcr base module?