Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "KUMAR,PANKAJ (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <pa...@hp.com> on 2002/09/20 08:39:14 UTC

A presentation on "Web Services with JAX-RPC and Apache Axis" ...

Hi All,

Thought I should share it with Axis user community. Find the presentation
and example code at:
 http://www.pankaj-k.net/axis4tag/

/Pankaj.

Here is a reproduction of the introductory page:
Web Services with JAX-RPC and Axis
Pankaj Kumar, email: pankaj_kumar@hp.com <ma...@hp.com>

I created this Web Services with JAX-RPC and Axis Presentation[PPT]
<http://www.pankaj-k.net/axis4tag/WSWithJAXRPCAndAxis.ppt> for a talk at Web
Developers' Conference organized by Technology Association of Georgia
<http://www.tagonline.org>. The presentation included demo of a simple
program and code walk-through. The presentation and the sources can be
downloaded in a single bundle[ZIP]
<http://www.pankaj-k.net/axis4tag/axis4tag.zip>. The detailed instructions
for running the program are in the presentation itself.
The presentation has 3 main parts:
*	Web Services in Perspective -- Basic introdcution of Web Services
and brief round-up of earlier technolgoies that preceded Web Services.
*	Web Services Standards -- Wire standards for interoperability and
Java APIs for portability.
*	JAX-RPC and Apache Axis -- How do you write programs with JAX-RPC
API and run them with Apache Axis.
If you want to run the programs and use the batch script setenv.bat to set
the classpath, modify the batch file so that environment variable AXIS_HOME
points to your installation directory for Apache Axis.
Note: If you find the presentation useful or notice defects or simply feel
that I should have addressed few more issues, let me know. If I get many
such mails, I may be able to motivate myself to update/revise/improve this
presentation.