Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Graeme Wallace <gw...@houston.rr.com> on 2001/02/05 17:26:36 UTC

[Repost] Apache and Tomcat on Win2K

Hi,

I had apache 1.3.14 and tomcat 3.2.1 up and running and everything seemed to
be working great
while i was developing.

I have now moved to doing some load testing on this configuration and for
some reason
I get diabolical performance from apache serving up static images. Worse it
seems to
affect the requests being passed through to Tomcat. Its like its hanging
processing incoming
requests (the CPU load is < 5% even though there are bunches of requests
being made)

I'm using mod_jk (tried both ajp12 and ajp13), tried SUN's JDK 1.3, 1.4,
IBM's JDK 1.3
upgraded Apache to 1.3.17 and tried IBM's version with the caching....

It all comes up the same, so this suggests I'm missing something really
stupid.....

Just for comparison I installed IIS and it works great :-(

Anyone got any ideas ?

Graeme.