Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Alpin, Luba" <Lu...@lsi.com> on 2008/04/03 11:52:31 UTC

Problem with secure connections via https

You are right! I do it right now.

I have a problem with secure connections via https,

I tried JaxWsServerFactoryBean/JaxWsProxyFactoryBean and
ServerFactoryBean/ClientProxyFactoryBean result the same - service
publishing succeeded, but client methods call fails.
I got different exceptions depends on my configuration. Current my
sample for instance used Interceptor action -
WSHandlerConstants.USERNAME_TOKEN and failed with following exception:
(application provided null or empty password) Next to the exception you
can see my client configuration code, with password and user name
supplied. ('configClientInterceptors' method) and my client creation
code ('TestJaxWsProxyFactoryBean' method)
I haven't any working sample to start with to use https.
Can somebody help me please.
Regards,
Luba.

org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapFault: Security processing failed.
	at
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JOutInterceptor.handleMessage(WSS4J
OutInterceptor.java:184)
	at
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JOutInterceptor.handleMessage(WSS4J
OutInterceptor.java:43)
	at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorC
hain.java:220)
	at
org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:276)
	at
org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:222)
	at
org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java:73)
	at
org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invoke(ClientProxy.java:68)
	at $Proxy15.sayHi(Unknown Source)
	at
cxf_client.TestClient.TestClientProxyFactoryBean(TestClient.java:557)
	at cxf_client.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:104)
Caused by: org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: WSHandler:
application provided null or empty password
	at
org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.getPassword(WSHandler.java:638)
	at
org.apache.ws.security.action.UsernameTokenAction.execute(UsernameTokenA
ction.java:31)
	at
org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.doSenderAction(WSHandler.java:1
92)
	at
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JOutInterceptor.handleMessage(WSS4J
OutInterceptor.java:169)
	... 9 more
Hit uncaught exception org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapFault

    private void configClientInterceptors(Client client) {
        String name = "myname";
        String password = "mypassword";
        String passwordKey = "password";
        String actions = WSHandlerConstants.USERNAME_TOKEN;
//in
        WSS4JInInterceptor wsIn = new WSS4JInInterceptor();
        wsIn.setProperty(WSHandlerConstants.ACTION, actions);
        wsIn.setProperty(WSHandlerConstants.USER, name);
        wsIn.setProperty(passwordKey, password);
        client.getInInterceptors().add(wsIn);
        client.getInInterceptors().add(new SAAJInInterceptor());
//out
        WSS4JOutInterceptor wsOut = new WSS4JOutInterceptor();
        wsOut.setProperty(WSHandlerConstants.ACTION, actions);
        wsOut.setProperty(WSHandlerConstants.USER, name);
        wsOut.setProperty(passwordKey, password);

        client.getOutInterceptors().add(wsOut);
        client.getOutInterceptors().add(new SAAJOutInterceptor());
    }

    public void TestJaxWsProxyFactoryBean() {
        JaxWsProxyFactoryBean proxyFac = new JaxWsProxyFactoryBean();
        Client client;
        proxyFac.setServiceClass(HelloWorld.class);
        proxyFac.setAddress(ADDRESS + "/HelloWorld");

        HelloWorld echo = (HelloWorld) proxyFac.create();

        client = ClientProxy.getClient(echo);
        HTTPConduit httpConduit = (HTTPConduit) client.getConduit();
        TLSClientParameters tlsParams = new TLSClientParameters();
        tlsParams.setSecureSocketProtocol("SSL");
        httpConduit.setTlsClientParameters(tlsParams);

        HTTPClientPolicy httpClientPolicy = new HTTPClientPolicy();

        httpClientPolicy.setConnectionTimeout(36000);
        httpClientPolicy.setAllowChunking(false);
        httpConduit.getClient().setAutoRedirect(true);
        httpConduit.setClient(httpClientPolicy);
        configClientInterceptors(client);
        echo.sayHi("Luba");
    }

Posted by "Alpin, Luba" <Lu...@lsi.com>.
The reason that I selected frontend is:
I don't start from the zero point, I have 64 services with hundreds
methods and I didn't use *.wsdl files creation with other frameworks
that I used in past (GLUE(WebMethods) and XFire), so start create 64
wsdls contains hundreds operations description looks me crazy. CXF (at
least frontends) spend much more memory for publishing and so hard for
SSL configuration - that is my first impression. I would like it will be
by my mistake.
Regards,
Luba.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.