Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jerry QU <jq...@baijia.com> on 2001/07/29 00:44:48 UTC

jdbc odbc bridge on linux

Hi All,

I posted question about how to use Sun's jdbc.odbc bridge from jsp on linux to access SQL server on windows. because all examples I saw were using LOCAL dsn like jdbc:odbc:dsnName. but how to do it if the JSP is on linux and the SQL server is on a remote host.

something like jdbc:odbc:@host:port:DB_name(or DSN)???

I am kind of confused!!

TIA

Jerry

Re: jdbc odbc bridge on linux

Posted by "Nils O. Selåsdal" <no...@frisurf.no>.

Take a look at www.freetds.org

--
Nils O. Selåsdal

Re: jdbc odbc bridge on linux

Posted by Jim Seach <jw...@yahoo.com>.
The jdbc odbc bridge requires an odbc driver on the
local machine.  The local datasource then points to
the remote machine that the server is on, rather than
the JDBC URL.  The jdbc odbc driver is also not
multi-threaded, so not a good choice for using with
Tomcat.

I'm not aware of any free jdbc drivers that will work
with SQL Server, but there are a number of commercial
solutions.  I use the OPTA 2000 driver from
www.inetsoftware.de.

Hope this helps,

Jim

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/