Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/12/01 20:55:32 UTC

Re: Maven and gump

Here is a bit of an update:

Ant comes with an ant.[sh|bat], but Gump calls it via it's Java classname
directly (org.apache.tools.ant.Main). I beleive that Gumpers would want this
for Maven, so the JDK/bootclasspath/JVM arguments (etc) are all controlled &
not in debate. I've looked into the maven script and it looks similar to the
Ant one, the main difference is [perhaps] the use of Forehead.

I see that forehead is for managing the classloader hierarchy, so is it
installed classloaders before running Maven? Since Maven is (I'm guessing
here) using classworlds for classloader management (artifact version
management?) but Gump is setting the CLASSPATH(s) I'm hoping that the
difference will be transparent to the build. [Brett, can you confirm?
Testing will also help us here.]

A command line would be along the lines of:

    java -Djava.awt.headless=true
org.apache.maven.cli.App --offline -Dbuild.sysclasspath=only {goal}

Here is a sample build.properties: [belt and braces w/ build.sysclasspath,
jsut testing.]

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Gump generated properties file
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
build.sysclasspath=only

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
# M A V E N  J A R  O V E R R I D E
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
maven.jar.override = on

# Jars set explicity by path.
maven.jar.output4=F:\data\OSS\jakarta-gump\python\test\gump\module4\dist\lib
\out
put4.jar
maven.jar.output1=F:\data\OSS\jakarta-gump\python\test\gump\module1\dist
\lib\output1.jar

regards,

Adam