Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Ralf Bierig <so...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/04 14:51:04 UTC

Exception while calling ServiceManagerClient

When I call the ServiceManagerClient, like recommended
in the SOAP2.2 docu to test SOAP, i got the following
Exception... like at the other posting from me, a
couple of minutes ago.

Why?

---- beginning of error message -----
D:\tomcat\bin>java
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:
8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.<init>(QName.java:80)
        at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.matches(QName.java:146)
        at
org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java:237)
        at
org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:230)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClient.java:129)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.list(ServiceManagerClient.java:151)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:237)
---- end of error message -----

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Exception while calling ServiceManagerClient

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
Your client is loading an XML parser that does not support namespaces.  Be
certain your classpath has a supported parser before any other parser, and
check that there is no parser in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib.

Scott

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Ralf,

Line 80 of QName contains a call to Node.getNamespaceURI(). Make sure that
the first set of org.w3c.dom.* interfaces found on your classpath are
namespace-aware.

Try:

javap org.w3c.dom.Node

and see if the getNamespaceURI() method is there.

Thanks,
-Matt

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Ralf,