Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by J Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com> on 2005/03/09 17:30:23 UTC

5.5.7 service.bat popup: "Overlapped I/O Operation is in progress; NonAlpha 46"

On Windows Server 2003, when I run service.bat I get a popup with the
message: "Overlapped I/O Operation is in progress;  NonAlpha 46"

I can run service.bat on the 5.0 installation and add/remove the service
with no problem.  But it will not install 5.5.7 service.

Did Tomcat start using a new port (46?) or something in 5.5?

Suggestions?

Thanks.

RE: 5.5.7 service.bat popup: "Overlapped I/O Operation is in progress; NonAlpha 46"

Posted by J Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com>.
Resolved...

OK, I dug into the bat file and learned a couple of things... I was doing
"service install Tomcat5.5.7"  The service name must not be able to have
periods in it.  I just changed the default values in the bat file to
Tomcat55 and the display name to Apache Tomcat 5.5.  No clue how that
cryptic error message was intended to point me to the fact there are periods
in the service name....  But it might not hurt to document that little
period restriction 'gotcha'.

Thanks.

Jerry

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <jb...@gmail.com>.