Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by tobagouser <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2010/04/21 15:40:09 UTC

How to add new css to Tobago

Hi All,

I have tried to add tobago-box-footer to the style.css ,but it never
affected the pages.Please could you let me know how to add a new css to
tobago.

Thanks,
KSK

Re: [TOBAGO] How to add new css to Tobago

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi,

for panel you should use tobago-panel-markup-important.

The gridlayout is just the panel content.

Regards,
    Volker

2010/4/27 tobagouser <sr...@yahoo.com>:

> [...]
>
> I observed the selected styles through firebug ,for box its taking new
> tobago-box-markup-important style.
>
> but for panel its not picking the new tobago-gridLayout-markup-important
> style.
>
> please find the content of tobago-theme.xml
>
> <tobago-theme>
>  <name>standard</name>
>  <display-name>Standard Theme</display-name>
>
> <deprecated-name>org.apache.myfaces.tobago.context.StandardTheme</deprecated-name>
>  <resource-path>org/apache/myfaces/tobago/renderkit</resource-path>
>  <renderers>
>
>     <renderer>
>          <name>Box</name>
>          <supported-markup>
>            <markup>important</markup>
>          </supported-markup>
>    </renderer>
>     <renderer>
>          <name>GridLayout</name>
>          <supported-markup>
>            <markup>important</markup>
>          </supported-markup>
>    </renderer>
>

>  </renderers>
> </tobago-theme>
>

> This is little bit surprising. Please let me know how to resolve this..
>
> KSK
>

> Udo Schnurpfeil wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> there is no style class "tobago-box-footer" defined for any HTML tag. So
>> the style will not be applied.
>>
>> When you want to give some panels a different style, you can assign a
>> markup like:
>> <tc:panel markup="important" ...
>> this will result in HTML with the class "tobago-panel-markup-important".
>> Than you can define a style for that class.
>> First, you have to register a markup for a renderer. See:
>> http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/faq.html#tobagocustommarkup
>>
>> If you want to see which styles from which files will be applied, you
>> may use Firebug, or any other browser development tool, which are very
>> helpful.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Udo
>>
>> Am 26.04.10 20:06, schrieb tobagouser:
>>> Hi Udo,Helmut
>>>
>>> Thanks for the info.Its really useful.
>>>
>>> My requirements are
>>>
>>> 1.I want to have a different background color and shade to some of the
>>> panels in the  pages.This color and shade should be different from the
>>> default panel  css ,so it should have a different css .
>>>
>>> 2.As mentioned earlier I want to add a new  css to the border footer.I
>>> added
>>> it similar to the box header  css in the speyside style.css file ..like
>>>
>>> .tobago-box-footer {
>>> values here...
>>> }
>>>
>>> But this footer css never applied on the pages.
>>>
>>> please let me know whether tc:style tag  applies at the page level only
>>> or
>>> applies  at the child  tags like panel and box.
>>>
>>> also please let me know how to  add a new css to box footer and why the

inexso - information exchange solutions GmbH
Bismarckstraße 13      | 26122 Oldenburg
Tel.: +49 441 4082 356 |
FAX:  +49 441 4082 355 | www.inexso.de

Re: [TOBAGO] How to add new css to Tobago

Posted by tobagouser <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Udo,

Posted by tobagouser <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Udo.I will try it and will let you know the result.

Posted by Udo Schnurpfeil <ud...@schnurpfeil.de>.
Hi,

Posted by tobagouser <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Udo,Helmut