Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Tegethoff, Jan" <JT...@koeln.sema.slb.com> on 2002/10/16 16:24:27 UTC

configuration files (xreg) destroyed after shutdown

Hi all!

I have a problem running Jetspeed which has been stated before on this
mailing list - however the answers don´t really help me.
Whenever Tomcat gets shut down, some .xreg-files in the conf-directory are
cut short to 1k, leaving only a few tags (definetly no well-formed xml). In
this way the Jetspeed-installation gets destroyed every time. There has been
a suggestion on this mailing-list that castor rewrites all these files when
tomcat gets shut down, but knowing this doesn´t really help me.

I am using the following software:
JDK1.4.0_01
Tomcat 4.0.4 or 4.1.12 (I tried both with the same result)
Jetspeed 1.4b1 ('out of the box' i.e. without any further alterations or
configurations)

Another problem is that using jetspeed the tomcat process sometimes gets
killed without further notice or obvious cause. This may or may not be
connected to the first problem.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!
Jan

Re: configuration files (xreg) destroyed after shutdown

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Hello I know the problem, but it´s not that bad actually. What happens?
When you start a shutdown process the xregs are written onto the config
directory as it seems. Well if you kill the shutting down process some
of the xregs aren´t written properly and left empty.
The solution at least in my case was not to kill tomcat during the
shutdown process but giving it enough time to shut down propery and
kill itself after everything ist done. At least that did the trick to me
on Tomcat 4.1

Werner Punz
--
Labor-C GesmbH