Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/08 09:03:23 UTC

Adding xsd's for scheme validation of extensions

Is there a pluggable way of adding extension scheme's so that SCDL
validation doesn't get errors? Right now we add the non-OASIS tuscany
extensions explicitly to the assembly-xsd module, but thats not going
to be possible for others trying to write their own extensions outside
of Tuscany. It doesn't look like there is, am i missing it? Otherwise
isn't this something that needs be added?

   ...ant

Re: Adding xsd's for scheme validation of extensions

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 6:26 PM, ant elder<an...@apache.org> wrote:
> RIght. I guess i was wondering if we should add a similar restriction
> to the tuscany namespace as the sca one has, so if there isn't a
> schema contributed to the tuscany namespace for the extension it fails
> instead of carrying on ok.
>
>  ...ant

I think that would be OK if then elements in any other namspace
(neither Tuscany or OASIS) were still allowed. Would help with
confusion if people type Tuscany namespaces elements incorrectly.

Simon

Re: Adding xsd's for scheme validation of extensions

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Luciano Resende<lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 12:03 AM, ant elder<an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a pluggable way of adding extension scheme's so that SCDL
>> validation doesn't get errors? Right now we add the non-OASIS tuscany
>> extensions explicitly to the assembly-xsd module, but thats not going
>> to be possible for others trying to write their own extensions outside
>> of Tuscany. It doesn't look like there is, am i missing it? Otherwise
>> isn't this something that needs be added?
>>
>>   ...ant
>>

> I have added this in 1.x in svn revision #657234 as part of
> TUSCANY-2295. I'd need to check if this was moved to 2.x

Ok great, in that case how about we also move the xsd's for each
extension to be included in the extension module instead of the
assembly-xsd module?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Luciano Resende