Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Kurt George Gjerde <ku...@intermedia.uib.no> on 2004/01/19 10:36:11 UTC

[2.0.48] ap_log_error slow on win32

Hi,

Tested under mod_perl 2 I found $r->log_error (interface to
ap_log_error) to be substantially slower than printing directly to
STDERR. Is this a known problem?

Please see:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40perl.apache.org/msg06003.html

[Apache/2.0.48 (Win32) (downloaded binary from apache.org)]

-Kurt.

--
Kurt George Gjerde
kurt.gjerde@intermedia.uib.no

InterMedia - New Media / Net Based Learning
University of Bergen, Norway

Re: [2.0.48] ap_log_error slow on win32

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Stas,

  we attempt to lock all writes to a file whenever we have a file opened for
append, as unix has this behavior naturally while Win32 does not.

  I'd focus on the speed of obtaining that lock.  I'd noticed similar before,
myself, and 1/2 suspect that the lock is also flushing the file from cache.

Bill

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.