Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Lena Herrmann <le...@zeromail.org> on 2010/01/04 15:34:27 UTC

Turning continuous replication on

Hi,

let's say I have a continuous replication running from a "client" to a
"server", so that changes on the client are replicated to the server.
When the server goes offline, I understand that the client tries to
replicate every second, then every 2 seconds, every 4, 8, 16 and so on.

My question: Is there a way to turn the continuous replication back on
in my JS application on the client? For example, checking every X
seconds with setTimeout if I can load something from the server, and
when the server is there again, I'd like to tell the client's continuous
replication to go back to very small timeouts between attempts.

Thanks in advance

Lena