Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "jan@lender.cz" <ja...@lender.cz> on 2010/11/03 12:07:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Mime Type when url contains query

Hi,
I'm trying to solve problem with proper content-type setting.
I use mime-type mapping for .ppt file extension using <APACHE
INSTALL>/conf/mime.types this way:
application/vnd.ms-powerpoint	pps

It works fine until query occurs as a part of url simillary to
http://mysite.com/file.pps?direct=1. Content type is set to
application/octet-stream in this case.

I've searched for solution through the internet but I found nothing. Does
anybody know the right trick?

Thanks, Jan

Re: [users@httpd] Mime Type when url contains query

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
2010/11/3 jan@lender.cz <ja...@lender.cz>:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to solve problem with proper content-type setting.
> I use mime-type mapping for .ppt file extension using <APACHE
> INSTALL>/conf/mime.types this way:
> application/vnd.ms-powerpoint   pps
>
> It works fine until query occurs as a part of url simillary to
> http://mysite.com/file.pps?direct=1. Content type is set to
> application/octet-stream in this case.
>
> I've searched for solution through the internet but I found nothing. Does
> anybody know the right trick?

Are you actually serving a file named file.pps, or do you have
something like rewrite doing something else (rewrite to foo.php) when
it sees that URL?