Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/02 08:12:04 UTC

[users@httpd] flock and accept http filter

Hi I am running the following configuration

freebsd 6.1
accept http and accept data filters in kernel
apache 2.2.3
php 5.1.4
eaccelerator 1.5b2
prefork mpm
keepalive off
mysql 4.1

the server runs apache normally for a random amount of time usually
short 5-30mins and then suddenly all the process go idle using 0% cpu,
I notice its using the same as maclients is set to which is 150 but
they just sitting dorment, ram isnt maxed no swap been used.  They are
all also in the flock status.  Restarting apache gets it going again
until it repeats.  On restart failure to load httpready shows in logs.
 I tried removing accept http from the kernel and loading as module
but same problem, and the module refuses to unload after as well like
its in a hung state, so now I am running with just accept data.

Is flock better state then sbwait?
Is there a known bug with apache 2.2.x with the accept http filters on freebsd?
is there easy way to confirm the filters are working?

thanks

Chris