Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by carlj <ma...@carl-johansson.com> on 2006/08/22 22:07:16 UTC

School project, chart of accounts

Tomorrow is the first day of my senior year in high school and we are
required to do a sort of exam-project. I'm studying science with emphasis on
computer science. Some of my friends study social science with an emphasis
on economy. We have discussed a joint effort involving OFBiz.

The only problems we have right now is to implement the standard chart of
account used in Sweden. I understand that messing with the
ChartOfAccount.xml would lead to a copious amount of work. That is why I
would like to ask the community what I should expect and keep in mind.

Regards

Carl
Sent from the OFBiz - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: School project, chart of accounts

Posted by carlj <ma...@carl-johansson.com>.
Thank you David for the input, I'll start searching.

Carl

Posted by carlj <ma...@carl-johansson.com>.
David,

I've searched the resources for GlAccountId and explained it to my friends.
Seems like the types and classes are pretty tied up. However, we are pretty
confident that we could make the chart of account if we just translate the
entity labels and go thru them. Soon we will also consult our teacher on
whether we can use the account classes available.

Carl

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.