Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jesus Ibanez <je...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/16 05:41:03 UTC

Running on Windows

To run Cassandra on Windows, after executing bin\cassandra without problems,
we need to insert the line if NOT DEFINED CASSANDRA_HOME set
CASSANDRA_HOME=%CD% into the cassandra-cli.bat file before we execute it.
That line is missing in cassandra-cli.bat, so add it and Cassandra will
execute perfectly!

.
.
.
SETLOCAL

if NOT DEFINED CASSANDRA_HOME set CASSANDRA_HOME=%CD%
SET CASSANDRA_LIBS=%CASSANDRA_HOME%\lib

FOR %%a IN (%CASSANDRA_HOME%\lib\*.jar) DO  call :append %%~fa
java -cp %CASSANDRA_LIBS% org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliMain
.
.
.

Someone please tell the developers about this bug.

Michael was the one who find it out.

Bye!

Re: Running on Windows

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Jesus Ibanez <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To run Cassandra on Windows, after executing bin\cassandra without problems,
> we need to insert the line if NOT DEFINED CASSANDRA_HOME set
> CASSANDRA_HOME=%CD% into the cassandra-cli.bat file before we execute it.
> That line is missing in cassandra-cli.bat, so add it and Cassandra will
> execute perfectly!

Yes, this is how it is in 0.6 svn.  Need to release that since it's
already less buggy than 0.5...

-Jonathan

Re: Running on Windows

Posted by Jesus Ibanez <je...@gmail.com>.
Im sorry Jonathan. I didn't know it was the cli, I thought the problem was
with cassandra.bat becouse it doesn't show the output: Starting up server...
Instead, it shows: Starting up server gossip...

But the problem was in the cassandra-cli.bat.

The nice new is that know we know that we have to modify the
cassandra-cli.bat file. :)

Re: Running on Windows

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.