Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/06 16:07:25 UTC

“hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory

Hello!

I'm trying to install Hadoop 1.1.2.21 on CentOS 6.3.

I've configured dfs.name.dir in /etc/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml file

<name>dfs.name.dir</name>
<value>/mnt/ext/hadoop/hdfs/namenode</value>

But when I run "hadoop namenode -format" command, it formats
/tmp/hadoop-hadoop/dfs/name directory instead. It seems like default
directory.

What am I missing?

Re: “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
Added to hdfs-site.xml
  <property>
    <name>dfs.namenode.name.dir</name>
    <value>/mnt/ext/hadoop/hdfs/namenode</value>
    <final>true</final>
  </property>

The same problem exists :(

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
Added to hdfs-site.xml

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
Added to hdfs-site.xml

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
Added to hdfs-site.xml

Posted by Yanbo Liang <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
That's worked! Thank you!
Can't find, which setting should I change to show hadoop my conf directory?

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
That's worked! Thank you!

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
That's worked! Thank you!

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
That's worked! Thank you!

Posted by Samir Ahmic <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Samir Ahmic <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Samir Ahmic <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Samir Ahmic <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
Done.

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
Done.

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
Done.

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
Done.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
Try running the command using "hadoop --config /etc/hadoop/conf" to make sure it is looking at the right conf dir.

It would help to understand how you installed hadoop - local build/rpm, etc .. to figure out which config dir is being looked at by default.

-- Hitesh

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello Samir

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello Samir

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello Samir

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello Samir

Posted by Samir Ahmic <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Andrey

Posted by Samir Ahmic <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Andrey

Posted by Yanbo Liang <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yanbo Liang <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
No.
Is it necessary? What directory it should point?

Just tested
export HADOOP_HOME=/mnt/ext/hadoop
the same problem, /tmp/hadoop-hadoop used

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
No.

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
No.

Posted by "Andrey V. Romanchev" <an...@gmail.com>.
No.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory

Posted by Samir Ahmic <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Andrey

Posted by Samir Ahmic <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Andrey

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: “hadoop namenode -format” formats wrong directory

Posted by Yanbo Liang <ya...@gmail.com>.