Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dario Rigolin <da...@comperio.it> on 2015/03/06 13:17:17 UTC

ExpandComponent not expanding

I'm using Solr 4.10.1 and FieldCollapsing but when adding expand=true
and activating ExpandComponent the expanded section into result contains
only one group head and not all group heads present into the result.
I don't know if this is the intended behaviour. Using a query q=*:* the
expanded section increase the number of group heads but not all 10 heads
group are present. Also removing max= parameter on !collapse makes
display couple of more heads but not all .

Regards

Example of response with only one group head into expanded but 10 are
returned.

<response>
<script/>
<lstname="responseHeader">
<intname="status">
0
</int>
<intname="QTime">
20
</int>
<lstname="params">
<strname="expand.rows">
2
</str>
<strname="expand.sort">sdate asc</str>
<strname="fl">
id
</str>
<strname="q">
title:(test search)
</str>
<strname="expand">
true
</str>
<strname="fq">
{!collapse field=group_key max=sdate}
</str>
</lst>
</lst>
<resultname="response"numFound="120"start="0">
<doc>
<strname="id">
test:catalog:713515
</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<strname="id">
test:catalog:126861
</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<strname="id">
test:catalog:88797
</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<strname="id">
test:catalog:91760
</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<strname="id">
test:catalog:14095
</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<strname="id">
test:catalog:60616
</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<strname="id">
test:catalog:31539
</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<strname="id">
test:catalog:29449
</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<strname="id">
test:catalog:146638
</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<strname="id">
test:catalog:137554
</str>
</doc>
</result>
<lstname="expanded">
<resultname="collapse_value_2342"numFound="3"start="0">
<doc>
<strname="id">
test:catalog:255551
</str>
</doc>
<doc>
<strname="id">
test:catalog:330659
</str>
</doc>
</result>
</lst>
<head/>
</response>

Re: ExpandComponent not expanding

Posted by Dario Rigolin <da...@comperio.it>.
I did more testing following your question... And now all makes sense
and I think that maybe a more clear explanation on documentation can help.
I was using Grouping where a group is created also if only one element
is present, I have inferred that expanded section was showing ALL
collapsed records not ALL collapsed record after the one returned as
group head.
A this point ExpandComponent works well sorry for the false allarm.

Regards.

Dario

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.