Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> on 2020/06/21 23:56:31 UTC

[DISCUSS] Publishing benchmarks for releases

Hey folks,
    Is it a common practise to publish benchmarks for releases? I have put
up an initial PR <https://github.com/apache/hudi/pull/1637> to add jmh
benchmark support to a couple of Hudi operations. If the community feels
positive on publishing benchmarks, we can add support for more operations
and for every release, we could publish some benchmark numbers.

-Sivabalan

Re: [DISCUSS] Publishing benchmarks for releases

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
@Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> : yes, I actually proposed the idea on
bumping at lucene's benchmark page only :)

Posted by "vbalaji@apache.org" <vb...@apache.org>.

回复: [DISCUSS] Publishing benchmarks for releases

Posted by wangxianghu <wx...@126.com>.
+1

Posted by Mario de Sá Vera <de...@gmail.com>.
+1 for performance reports

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
Lucene has nightly runs even
https://home.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/

We can do something like this? In any case, raising a Jira under
performance component seems like a good idea?

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1 as well,

Posted by Shiyan Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.
+1 definitely useful info.