Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/16 23:35:10 UTC

Łukasz Moreń for CXF Committer

Hi

I'd like to initiate a vote for Łukasz Moreń to become a CXF committer.

You may recall that Łukasz came forward and proposed to have OAuth 1.0
implemented in CXF as part of GSOC 2010.

During GSOC 2010 Łukasz tried his best to complete this complex project in
time and he was very good at keeping the CXF dev community in the loop
regarding the actual progress. Having had some limited exposure to OAuth
related projects, I can tell that working with OAuth can be daunting and the
amount of information to filter through can be overwhelming and thus I was
really happy seeing Łukasz persevering and doing a very good effort as part
of his project.

One thing I'd like to highlight is that even though OAuth does not seem to
be the most popular technology among CXF users today, it is really just a
matter of time before OAuth starts hitting the mainstream. Today OAuth is
associated with social networking, web-based user accounts, etc, but it does
seem it is sooner rather than later when us, CXF users, will want to build a
local OAuth-aware application  inside the enterprise and integrate with
their STS stores, etc given the amount of attention big players are giving
to OAuth today.

Łukasz is an OAuth expert and he is working with OAuth and I do believe
having him on board will benefit CXF going forward. We do want CXF featuring
in the OAuth game one way or the other.

Finally, it is worth mentioning Łukasz has continued working on his project
after GSOC 2010 ended which shows his commitment.

Thus I'd like to start a vote

Here is my +1

Sergey

Re: Łukasz Moreń for CXF Committer

Posted by UlhasBhole <ub...@fusesource.com>.
+1,

-- Ulhas Bhole

Posted by Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com>.
+1

--
Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: Łukasz Moreń for CXF Committer

Posted by UlhasBhole <ub...@fusesource.com>.
+1,

-- Ulhas

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday 22 November 2010 12:20:29 pm Łukasz Moreń wrote:
> Thank you for all your votes. I am really happy to become one of the CXF
> commiters, it's great distinction for me :).
> I hope will be helpful in CXF evolution, especially this related to Web 2.0
> technologies.

Welcome Łukasz!

I've added you to the CXF group at  Apache.  Thus, you should be able to start
making changes directly to the CXF trunk.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org