Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Mark Lui <ml...@alodar.com> on 2006/05/09 09:22:59 UTC

Is a JDBC Binding Component needed?

I am not sure if my question was clear from my original post so here it
is again:

Does anyone on this list know if a JDBC Binding Component needs to be
written to provide database communication with the ServiceMix bus?  Or
is the support currently provided by one of the components?

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark Lui
mlui@alodar.com

Re: Is a JDBC Binding Component needed?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
There is no time line defined, so if you want to work on it, feel free ;)

The JDBC BC could act as a provider (processing incoming queries
QUID), or a consumer when polling the database.
This S part could be implemented by flagging / deleting rows (in a
single table) that have been processed, using the database as a short
term storage.

A real need is to be able to parameterize the queries by using data in
the jbi message: this could be handled using o.a.servicemix.expression
package.

Btw, you can also take a look at the xsql component at Codehaus (but
it uses Oracle libraries and thus can not be used at Apache).
See http://cvs.codehaus.org/viewrep/servicemix/trunk/sandbox/core/src/main/java/org/servicemix/components/xsql/XSQLComponent.java?r=1067

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Mark Lui <ml...@alodar.com>.
Adrian,

Posted by Simon Carni <sc...@siol.net>.
Hi,

I was thinking about developing (in near future :-)) an iBatis
(http://ibatis.apache.org/) component. Would this be interesting?

Cheers,
Simon

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.