Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Sebastian Mohr <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/20 19:36:40 UTC

Improving the Login Example (was: [App-Example] Masuland - Login Example)

Hi there,

After following up talks and discussions at 360|Flex I am
returning to my original idea to involve the expertise of this
mailing list to improve the current state of my code examples
plus documentation. My hope is that some of this work will find
its way into the first Apache Flex version being released soon.
So, I don't consider my past work on these code examples as
a "One Man - Show" project anymore, instead, this project should
be seen as a community project.

That being said, it would be great if you could have a
look to the current state of the Login Example [1] and
provide feedback regarding the following issues:

1) Defect Report:
Did you find any issue that is defect in the current code examples?

2) Performance Improvements:
Do you see any performance issues in the code examples that should be improved?

3) Feature Enhancements:
Do you see any feature enhancements for later code examples?

In case you have found any issues it would be great if you could file a bug into
the project issue tracker [2]. Furthermore, it would be nice if you could read
through the documentation for the currently defined Nanoarchitectures [3]
and the currently proposed Application Development Procedure [4]. If you
have found any mistakes in the current documentation please also file an
issue to the project issue tracker [2]. I have also opened up a user group for
this project [5] in case there is a need to externalize these project specific
discussions. For the moment, all the code and documentation is hosted
in my personal webspace ... I really would like to move this project
to a more appropriate location, but, since now I am not sure where this
new location should be!? Spoon? Apache Flex? Adobe Dev Center?
Google Code? GitHub?... If you have a recommendation please let me
know !!!

-- Sebastian

[1] http://code.google.com/p/masuland/wiki/LoginExample
[2] http://code.google.com/p/masuland/issues/entry