Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by takumi <bl...@a01.itscom.net> on 2018/04/30 14:51:08 UTC

Remove the ignite node from cluster.

I am trying to create a highly scalability system.
When the system becomes low load, I scale-in system.
At this time, I want to remove the node correctly from ignite cluster.
In order to transfer the data and backup of that node to another node
automatically, how should I do?

Re: Remove the ignite node from cluster.

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
I think that at first, you should stop Ignite node using Ignition.stop and
then remove the node from Baseline topology using
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-activation#section--remove-nodes-from-the-topology-
to invoke rebalancing. Also, you need to remove nodes one by one.

Evgenii

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think the safest way to do it is to remove nodes on by one from the
cluster and wait till rebalance finished after each node(of course, if you
have backups). But you should remember, that in case of huge amount of
data, rebalance could take some time, which could be significant when you
want to scale-out again.

Evgenii