Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Fabian Gorsler <fa...@der-moloch.de> on 2006/07/26 12:23:06 UTC

Tree-Widget reorganzies itself

Hi,

I've discovered a strange behavior with Tree-Widgets. If a tree widget
with render-style "expand-collapse" is defined, the first click on a
branch isn't recognized correctly: The widget doesn't show the sub-nodes,
but it changes its order. The next click on a trunk-node is recognized
correctly and the sub-nodes are shown.

On the one hand you have a growing count of hits because of the need for
clicking twice (even this is just needed one time) and having the server
to render the page again (Javascript for the HTML-rendering would be nice,
but I think this would be a lot of work and on big entities the customers
wouldn't be so glad about the cpu and memory consumption of their
browsers. ;)) and on the other hand you have a big decrease in usability.

I couldn't discover a reported bug for that in JIRA, but I think this is
really one. Shall I report it there, too?

An example of this behavior can be seen at Accounting --> Chart of
Accounts --> Navigate Accounts
(https://localhost:8443/accounting/control/GlAccountNavigate).

Best regards,
Fabian.

Re: Tree-Widget reorganzies itself

Posted by Fabian Gorsler <fa...@der-moloch.de>.
Hi David,

> Fabian,
>
> Yes, chances are it is a bug. Al Byers is the main guy on the Tree Widget
> and might have some ideas, but if you have time to look into it please
> feel free to do so.
>
> -David

thanks for your answer. Well, at the moment I don't have time at work to
look it up myself, but perhaps next week - I hope so. Perhaps I could look
it up on this weekend actually. For convenience I'll open a ticket in
JIRA.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Fabian,