Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Matteo Guadrini <ma...@hotmail.it> on 2022/04/05 09:43:14 UTC

APIs for NoSQL

Hello everybody,
if anyone is a python developer and / or is interested, on discuss of python (https://discuss.python.org/t/request-for-comment-making-pep-for-nosql-databases/14772) we are discussing possible standard APIs for NoSQL databases, including of course CouchDB. Any comments are welcome! Thank you all!
[https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/business6/uploads/python1/original/1X/f93ff97c4f381b5e8add5a0c163b4ded29f20ed7.png]<https://discuss.python.org/t/request-for-comment-making-pep-for-nosql-databases/14772>
Request for comment: Making PEP for NOSQL databases - PEPs - Discussions on Python.org<https://discuss.python.org/t/request-for-comment-making-pep-for-nosql-databases/14772>
Request for comment: Making PEP for NOSQL databases Hello everybody, this is my first time writing in this section and I hope I’m not out of place. I wanted to propose a new PEP that describes the APIs that a NOSQL database library should have, as I am going to describe below. These types of databases are spreading very quickly and I believe it is necessary to have common interfaces between ...
discuss.python.org

Matteo Guadrini

R: APIs for NoSQL

Posted by Matteo Guadrini <ma...@hotmail.it>.
The library is not to be used!

The NoSQL library for python server to build LIBRARIES that have API compliant methods.
Hence, it is not for the end user, but for developers who write libraries.

Covering or not covering features is up to whoever writes the library, regardless of whether or not they use the API.
Please look in the documentation, there is just a (very simple) example of a library for CouchDB: https://nosqlapi.readthedocs.io/en/latest/build.html

Matteo Guadrini