Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/16 22:08:27 UTC

[OT] reload servlet without restarting the application

Hi

Is it possible to reload the servlet without having to
restart the application,
For example i have defined settings for log level in
xml file, and i set them to show only error messages,
suppose if i have to change it to debug, i have to
restart my application, since the applications reads
this log file only once when starting the application.
I would prefer not to read the xml file after 10 sec
or some thing like that to avoid unncessary operation,
but rather force to read it
Any suggestions

Ashish

RE: [OT] reload servlet without restarting the application

Posted by Tim Lucia <ti...@yahoo.com>.
You can make a simple servlet that reads the properties file and sets
the log level.  Then simply reference your simple servlet (heck, make it
an action if you want) via its URL and it will re-read and reset the
logger.

If you want to get fancy, you can event export all the properties you
find and make a form out of them, so you can enable various loggers on
the fly.

Tim