Posted to users@felix.apache.org by BJBg <bj...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/22 07:46:16 UTC

Log Service in Felix

Hi, a short question on the Log Service.
The bundle "org.apache.felix.log-0.9.0-SNAPSHOT" seems to be the last version of the Log service.
it seems that it writes a lot of system information on the console.
For instance:
------
Add an entry : level = 3, message = BundleEvent STARTED, bundle = MYLogListner2 [52]
add entry in thread 1
add entry in thread 2
add entry in thread 3
add entry in thread 4
End of addEntry
New entry to deliver
Entry deliver to a logListener
Entry deliver to a logListener 2, listener = com.trialog.OSGI.example.logListenerExample2.Activator@116471f
Entry delivered to all listener
Add an entry : level = 3, message = BundleEvent RESOLVED, bundle = org.apache.felix.bundlerepository [3]
add entry in thread 1
add entry in thread 2
add entry in thread 3
add entry in thread 4
--------

I do find any level info to tune this and to be avoided to be submerged by them ?

Thanks
P.S by the way, is an updated version of Log service available in Felix ?

Bruno

Re: Log Service in Felix

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
The log service has not been officially released. It is just a simple
logger and it is probably ready for a release. I am not sure why it
prints so much information, but you should probably create a JIRA issue
against it so this issue can get addressed.

-> richard