Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by simon <sk...@apache.org> on 2008/05/26 23:13:57 UTC

proposal: move maven skins directory and KEYS file

Hi All,

Currently directory
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/maven/trunk
contains mostly obsolete stuff.

* The "build-tools" subdir contains the really old myfaces
code-generation framework that we are never going to revive.
* The pom file has no use. It exists to drive the "build-tools" dir, and
might have been used as a parent pom at one time, but not any longer.
* As far as I know, the "build-world.sh" script isn't used any more. It
certainly doesn't seem to be very useful from looking at it.

But the myfaces and tobago skin projects in this dir *are* in use.

And the KEYS file is also in use I think....but why it is in a "maven"
subdir I don't know.

So it would seem tidier to me to move the skin projects into
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/myfaces-build-tools/trunk/
and the KEYS file into the root dir
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/
then remove that "maven" directory completely.

Opinions?

Regards,
Simon

Re: proposal: move maven skins directory and KEYS file

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1. The last time I forget to compile the skin project (mvn site:site on
myfaces project does not work well if this stuff is not compiled), so this
should be in myfaces-build-tools or another intuitive place. Maybe the skin
should be on:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/myfaces-build-tools/trunk/
maven2-skins

or something like that.