Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ngo Thanh Hien <ng...@vietsoftware.com> on 2003/12/10 07:11:55 UTC

Fitting data of a table into A4 size

Dear FOP experts:

    I'm now building an application that generate report in PDF format. I'm using FOP.
A requirement of report format is all report data must fit into a PDF page (A4 for example) in both vertical and horizontal sides.

This is my solutions: We calulate maximum number of characters on a line in horizontal side, number of line in vertical side, after that we calculate the width and the height of a character and calculate the font size follow these width and height.

Could you have an idea about this issue or suggest another solution?

Best regards,

Hiennt