Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Samuel Le Berrigaud <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/15 06:50:44 UTC

Resolving dependencies

Hi all,

I was trying to resolve dependencies from a plugin. I am not sure
which part of the API I should use for that.

What I want is to get all dependencies for a project and their
transitive dependencies in Set. At the same time dependencies that are
not present locally should be downloaded.

I 'played' a bit with the ArtifactResolver and tried with both methods
resolve and resolveTransitively but it doesn't seem to do the trick
for me.

I am not sure what should be the parameters (more precisely where I
can get them from). I had a look at different plugin but could figure
out one simple consistent way of doing it...

If someone has some code I could/should look it would be nice. Or just
let me know which API is the best for what I want to do.

Samuel Le Berrigaud

Re: Resolving dependencies

Posted by Samuel Le Berrigaud <sa...@gmail.com>.
Good to you as well Franz,

And thanks for the links. Sorry for bothering everyone with something
that IS documented...

I will have a look and 'play' again...

Thanks,
SaM

On 2/15/07, Franz Allan Valencia See <fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good day to you, Samuel,
>
> Kindly take a look at the "Creating and resolving an artifact" and
> "Resolving transitively" sections of [1].
>
> Cheers,
> Franz
>
> [1] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Mojo+Developer+Cookbook
>
> On 2/14/07, Samuel Le Berrigaud <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was trying to resolve dependencies from a plugin. I am not sure
> > which part of the API I should use for that.
> >
> > What I want is to get all dependencies for a project and their
> > transitive dependencies in Set. At the same time dependencies that are
> > not present locally should be downloaded.
> >
> > I 'played' a bit with the ArtifactResolver and tried with both methods
> > resolve and resolveTransitively but it doesn't seem to do the trick
> > for me.
> >
> > I am not sure what should be the parameters (more precisely where I
> > can get them from). I had a look at different plugin but could figure
> > out one simple consistent way of doing it...
> >
> > If someone has some code I could/should look it would be nice. Or just
> > let me know which API is the best for what I want to do.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> > Samuel Le Berrigaud

Samuel Le Berrigaud