Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2016/01/11 09:35:31 UTC

Installer updated for 4.15

Hi,

I’ve updated the installer config file so it picks up the new 4.15 SDK release. Someone mind testing it on windows for me?

I can’t send the announcement out until the web site links are updated (as it refers to the site). Once that is done and assuming everything is good with the site and installer I’ll send the announcement out.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Installer updated for 4.15

Posted by Anton Bondarenko <di...@mvbs.ru>.
hi, installed successfully.
OS Windows 8.1
log in file

-----------------------------------
с ув., Антон Б.

Posted by Andy Dufilie <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

> Why in the logs I see [1] instead this one [2] ?
>
> [1] https://github.com/swfobject/swfobject/archive/
> [2] https://github.com/swfobject/swfobject/archive/swfobject_2_2.zip

Here’s the lines I get in the log for a successful install:
Downloading 2.2.zip from: https://github.com/swfobject/swfobject/archive
Validating download: /Users/justinmclean/Documents/ApacheFlex4.15Test/in/swfobject_2_2.zip

Which are possibly a little less than optional.

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Why in the logs I see [1] instead this one [2] ?

[1] https://github.com/swfobject/swfobject/archive/
[2] https://github.com/swfobject/swfobject/archive/swfobject_2_2.zip

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: Installer updated for 4.15

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

> Not sure what we can do there. Does anyone have a working for swf object?

Actually this works for me:
https://github.com/swfobject/swfobject/archive/swfobject_2_2.zip

Although I’m not sure that it really needs to be https rather than http.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
https://github.com/swfobject/swfobject/blob/master/swfobject/swfobject.js ?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

I've just tried installer and wasn't able to download everything for sdk.
It's stuck on downloading swf object. [1] I pasted url [2] to web browser
and got 404 - page not found.

[1] https://paste.apache.org/cbAw

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 12:26 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Is there any reason why Flash/Air 18 is preselected instead of the latest
> > version?
>
> Versions 18 is the extended support release. But we could make it default
> to 20, what do others think?

+1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

Posted by OK <OK...@edscha.com>.
Nicholas Kwiatkowski-2 wrote
> The installer bypasses all the proxy settings because of the HTTPS fix.

Thanks for the info!
I've installed 4.15.0 successfully at home now.
Using the same Windows 7 machine, but connecting my home network instead of
the restrictive company network.

Is there any reason why Flash/Air 18 is preselected instead of the latest
version?

Thanks Justin for beeing the release manager!

Olaf

Re: Installer updated for 4.15

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@gmail.com>.
That is not the case anymore.  The installer bypasses all the proxy
settings because of the HTTPS fix.

-Nick

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by OK <OK...@edscha.com>.
Hi,

Justin Mclean wrote
> Someone mind testing it on windows for me?

I've just tried to install 4.15.0 by using the installer on windows 7 but
I've got an #2031 error.
The error is thrown directly after finishing the first step (before choosing
the installation directory).

(Sometimes I've problems with the installer cause in my company I'm behind a
proxy but I always could select the installation directory)

Log:
Installer version 3.2.0 (windows)
Using Locale: en_US
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
Error #2031
Installation aborted

Olaf