Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Franck Routier <Fr...@hospvd.ch> on 2001/09/12 13:23:55 UTC

Tomcat won't start : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Hi,

I'm trying to start Tomcat and get the following error :

Exception during startup processing
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

[...]

I get this error with tomcat 3.3-b2 as well as tomcat-4.0-rc1.

My environment is :
Debian GNU Linux PowerPC
Kernel 2.4.4
JDK : Blackdown 1.3.0
Physical RAM : 386 MB

Note that Netbeans, JBuilder, Enhydra Entreprise (uses a modified Tomcat)
and JBoss-tomcat all work well !

I guess it has something to do with the startup script or server
configuration, but I didn't change anything from what I downloaded two days
ago.

I tried to export TOMCAT_OPTS="-Xms128m -Xmx256m" and start, but with no
success.

Where should I look for ??? I'm lost and quite unskilled to be true (I'm
trying to learn, nevertheless !)

Thanks in advance,

Franck
-------