Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by George Stanchev <Gs...@serena.com> on 2017/09/24 13:13:38 UTC

small tiny issue with TC 8.5 ant "clean" target

The "clean" target of the TC build file leaves "output\jdbc-pool" directory. This is because the "clean" target first deletes the output dir [1] but then calls the jdbc "clean" script [2] which recreates the directory in the "output" location [3]. Why would [3] be called as part of a "clean" script?

Since this is really a small issue, do you want BZ issue submitted or someone can address it as a regular cleanup.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc8.5.x/trunk/build.xml?view=markup#l2582
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc8.5.x/trunk/build.xml?view=markup#l2587
[3] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc8.5.x/trunk/modules/jdbc-pool/build.xml?view=markup#l215

Re: small tiny issue with TC 8.5 ant "clean" target

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 24/09/17 14:13, George Stanchev wrote:
> The "clean" target of the TC build file leaves "output\jdbc-pool" directory. This is because the "clean" target first deletes the output dir [1] but then calls the jdbc "clean" script [2] which recreates the directory in the "output" location [3]. Why would [3] be called as part of a "clean" script?

No idea.

> Since this is really a small issue, do you want BZ issue submitted or someone can address it as a regular cleanup.

I'd recommend putting in in BZ so it doesn't get lost.

That Tomcat 6 links looks wrong too.

Mark