Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Rajesh Balamohan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/29 10:57:13 UTC

Performance problem under load - Xerces with Weblogic 9.x

Hello Folks,

We are using xerces parser for creating DOM objects. The size of the xml is
very small in the order or 1 or 2kb. Under load, most of the threads in
weblogic are blocked like the following.

And the CPU of the box is at 98% in a 4 way box. Looking at the stacktrace
below, I find that most of the time is spent in schema loading. There are
lots of threads with similar stack trace. Are there any known workarounds
for this problem?.

Is there a way to improve the XMLSchemaLoader?

The options we use during XML parser creation is as follows.. (Any help on
this issue would be of great help folks).

        // Build a parser to order.
                    p = new DOMParser();
                    p.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/validation",
true);
                    p.setFeature("
http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema", true);
                    p.setFeature("
http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema/normalized-value", false);
                    p.setFeature("
http://apache.org/xml/features/dom/defer-node-expansion", false);

                    p.setEntityResolver(this);
                    p.setErrorHandler(this);

"[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '12' for queue:
'weblogic.kernel.Default(self-tuning)'" daemon prio=6 tid=0x54777e60
nid=0x138
0 waiting for monitor entry [0x544bf000..0x544bfb9c]
        at java.util.Hashtable.get(Hashtable.java:335)
        - waiting to lock <0x0c54f0f8> (a java.util.Hashtable)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSAttributeChecker.checkAttributes(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSAttributeChecker.checkAttributes(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDWildcardTraverser.traverseAny(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDAbstractParticleTraverser.traverseSeqChoice(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDAbstractParticleTraverser.traverseSequence(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDComplexTypeTraverser.processComplexContent(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDComplexTypeTraverser.traverseComplexTypeDecl(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDComplexTypeTraverser.traverseGlobal(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.getGlobalDecl(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDElementTraverser.traverseNamedElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDElementTraverser.traverseGlobal(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.traverseSchemas(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.parseSchema(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.loadSchema(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.findSchemaGrammar(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.handleStartElement(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.startElement(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(Unknown
Source)
        at
Source)
        at
Source)
Source)
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)

--
~Rajesh.B

Re: Performance problem under load - Xerces with Weblogic 9.x

Posted by Rajesh Balamohan <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thankx for the quick reply Michael. I had a look at "SourceValidator.java"
written by you. I will check if its possible to do this way.

We are using SAML and trying to validate it. So hopefully these should be
possible to cache.

~Rajesh.B

Posted by Rajesh Balamohan <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.