Posted to general@attic.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2009/01/04 09:49:45 UTC

Re: Web presence [Was: Getting started]

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:19 AM, Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:01 AM, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrot
>>>
>>> So, wouldn't this then mean that Attic should be seen as
>>> http://attic.apache.org ?
>>
>> Dunno - would it have more than one page?
>>
>> I was thinking www.apache.org/attic/ which then links to the old
>> locations for the docs etc. However... seeing as attic.apache.org
>> exists might as well stick the page there :)
>
> Initial draft of a page for Attic. We don't have any svn space setup
> (or perms etc), so I've currently done it inside the asf-site.
>
>    http://people.apache.org/~bayard/attic.html

Draft updated. Built from our svn space.

http://people.apache.org/~bayard/attic.html

Complaints, thoughts etc.

Major areas that need working out (beyond the general drabness of the page) is:

* Our vision for a process of 'moving' something to the attic.
* FAQ items (it's always tempting to attempt to prefill these things).

Hen