Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Yi Tian <ti...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/12 02:47:10 UTC

Is there any document to explain how to build the hive jars for spark?

Hi, all

We found some bugs in hive-0.12, but we could not wait for hive
community fixing them.

We want to fix these bugs in our lab and build a new release which could
be recognized by spark.

As we know, spark depends on a special release of hive, like:

|<dependency>
   <groupId>org.spark-project.hive</groupId>
   <artifactId>hive-metastore</artifactId>
   <version>${hive.version}</version>
</dependency>

The different between |org.spark-project.hive| and |org.apache.hive| was
described by Patrick:

|There are two differences:

1. We publish hive with a shaded protobuf dependency to avoid
conflicts with some Hadoop versions.
2. We publish a proper hive-exec jar that only includes hive packages.
The upstream version of hive-exec bundles a bunch of other random
dependencies in it which makes it really hard for third-party projects
to use it.

Is there any document to guide us how to build the hive jars for spark?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

​

Re: Is there any document to explain how to build the hive jars for spark?

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.
The modified version of hive can be found here:
https://github.com/pwendell/hive