Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com.INVALID> on 2022/06/09 04:31:39 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] re-cut support/1.15

Hello Geode Community, counting the labels in Jira I see:

May 6: 1 needsTriage and 2 blocks-1.15.0.
May 20: 0 needsTriage and 3 blocks-1.15.0.
June 8: 0 needsTriage and 0 blocks-1.15.0. Yay!

At this time, please consider support/1.15 “frozen”.  If there are any further changes needed, in addition to adding one of the labels above, please also email the dev list, otherwise I will soon begin preparing RC1 for voting next week.

-1.15.0 Release Manager

From: Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com>
Date: Monday, May 9, 2022 at 10:31 AM
To: dev@geode.apache.org <de...@geode.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] re-cut support/1.15
** The support/1.15 branch has now been (re)cut and develop is now 1.16. **

Please use your best judgement in determining what to backport.

PRs against support/1.15 are welcome (but optional!).  Committers should merge their own PRs.

If your backport will take some while, add the "blocks-1.15.0" label in Jira.

From: Owen Nichols <on...@vmware.com>
Date: Friday, May 6, 2022 at 10:47 AM
To: dev@geode.apache.org <de...@geode.apache.org>
Great news!  I would be delighted to continue as Release Manager for 1.15.0.

To track progress toward code-complete, I will monitor the "needsTriage" and "blocks-1.15.0" labels (for Affects Version = 1.15.0).  Currently I see 1 needsTriage [1] and 2 blocks-1.15.0 [2].

[1] https://tinyurl.com/5h58766f
[2] https://tinyurl.com/2p8bje4n

From: Anthony Baker <ba...@vmware.com>
Date: Friday, May 6, 2022 at 10:19 AM
To: dev@geode.apache.org <de...@geode.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] annul support/1.15
Owen, with all the recent work I think we are in an excellent position to resume work on the 1.15 release. While there are a few thing still outstanding, let’s go ahead and recut the release branch as of Monday, 2022-05-09. Would you be willing to resume release manager duties?

@Everyone - please chime in if you have in-progress work that you want to ship with 1.15 (ideally this is labeled in JIRA with “blocks-1.15.0”).

Thanks,
Anthony