Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Pugh, Eric" <EP...@MuseumCompany.com> on 2002/01/14 16:14:45 UTC

Turbine bits and pieces repository

Hi all,

What prompted this email was that my company, museumcompany.com, is being
shut down.  We have built the fair beginnings of a intranet application that
does a couple interesting things:
1) Validates users against the NT domain
2) Any Updates/Inserts/Deletes via Torque peers is logged with the name of
the user (transparently!)
3) Some very cool navigation tricks like using a java drop menu applet, a My
Favoirtes options, and Most popular Pages options
4) User data instead of being serialized into OBJECTDATA is instead
processed using Castor to XML.

Some of this code I feel would be interesting to other people, but there is
no really good way of sharing it.  And since our company is being shutdown,
I think they won't mind sharing the source to anyone!  I was thinking about
putting a project up on SourceForge like TurbineBits or something where
people could publish their sourcecode that they want to share.  It could
also be a collecting point for articles and tidbits about Turbine.  I guess
I like the idea of using someone elses infrastructure to manage this.

Obviously, changes that are part of the core Turbine code base would be
hosted in jakarta.apache.org/turbine.  I find that I learn alot looking at
Tambora's CVS repository, and I think a way of sharing bits of unsupported,
may not work with T3 or T2.2, etc would be useful..

Any opinions on this?

Eric Pugh

PS, one java develeper who loves Turbine available for traveling/consulting
work!  dep4b@yahoo.com

Re: Turbine bits and pieces repository

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Pugh, Eric" <EP...@MuseumCompany.com> writes:

> What prompted this email was that my company, museumcompany.com, is being
> shut down.

Sorry to hear that, Eric.

> We have built the fair beginnings of a intranet application that
> does a couple interesting things:
> 1) Validates users against the NT domain

I would be interested in integrating that directly into T3, assuming
that Apache can get the copyright.

Daniel

RE: Turbine bits and pieces repository

Posted by Steve <tu...@knology.net>.
As previously stated by DR I think, I would be interested in seeing 1) if
you can get it open-sourced.

[...]

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>